Business Development Director Iberia
The Business Development Director Iberia will be reporting to the Director Business Development Europe. The Business Development Director Iberia is a key individual contributor position with a focus on Spain and Portugal but being part of the European Business Development team. He/she will overlook a small team of site sales people in Algeciras, Barcelona, Lisbon and Porto. But above all he/she is responsible of achieving the annual sales plan for the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Business Development Director Iberia are:
- Account management of current and future customers, maximize customer satisfaction, loyalty and profitability.
- Generation of new business across the Agro Merchants categories (meat/poultry, seafood, fresh & frozen produce and FMCG/retail)
- Achieve revenue plans across the categories. Maximum possible revenue per business/account/product, current revenue, gap analysis and revenue planning.
- Initiate, reviews and approves account plans including relationship development, account satisfaction/loyalty, cross selling opportunities, growth planning etc.
- Develops customer and product profitability analysis.
- Reviews performance against revenue and margin plans and standards. Makes plan changes as required to maintain and exceed customer revenue and margin levels and customer EBITDA.
- Develops and roll out of product strategy across the business units that maximize the service to customers, satisfaction, loyalty, revenue and margin.
- Develops and maintains service metrics and staff development. Helps develop and implement hiring strategies to meet the growth of the business.
- Ensures compliance regarding policies, procedures, workflows, claims and training needs.
- Trains and mentors’ employees; plan, assign, delegate and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; and resolve employee issues.
- 10+ years of business development/strategic account management in the Logistics Service Provider industry. Experience in the food industry is a benefit but not a hard requirement.
- Extremely comfortable in a multi country and multi culture business environment. Excellent communication and the best possible relationship management skills.
- Existing network of potential customers in the region
- Proven record of closing deals
- Tender response experience
- Experienced and at ease in a commercial development setting, engaging positively with external customers, internal teams and the own team.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on the financial side of the business.
- Capable of defining a strategic view of where the business needs to go combined with a pragmatic implementation approach.
- Customer Relationship and Sales Development
- Sales and Negotiation Skills
- Knowledge of operating, capital budgeting and price development.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Staff Development
- Results oriented with the ability to consider other business considerations
- Education – Master or equivalent experience.
- Personal profile: high energy person; passionate about everything he/she does, strong communicator, communicative, hungry to go the extra mile and be extraordinary, understand success comes from a team effort, successful on the long run, not just today.
- Native Spanish or Portuguese, fluent in English.
If interested in this position, please email: Oskar Verkamman